The produce are not labeled organic. However, all of the products in your box are grown under the most sustainable conditions, which are comparable to organic produce-quality and in some cases even exceed the quality of commonly available organic products.
This box includes Seasonal & Local Fruits and Vegetables.
'The VU Foodbox' is an exclusive offer for the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU), in combination with the Green Office VU.
You can only order this product if you are a student or staff at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
You can Choose between 2 sizes: Small (2kg) and Regular (3kg).
The box can be delivered to your home (if you live in Amsterdam) or is available for pick-up on Tuesdays between 17:00-18:00 at the Green Office at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
Choose for the Special Rate 'Pick up at Green Office' as Shipping method to receive free shipping.
The seasonal fruits & veggies are:
sustainably farmed and sourced as locally as possible
based on seasonality, including wonky produce to reduce food waste
packed with the least amount of plastic (No need for unnecessary packaging =)
providing fair margins for our Farmers (Farmers receive 3 times more than through traditional channels)
- 4 varieties of fruits: Elstar Apple, Granny Smith Apple, White Grapefruit, Navel Orange
- 1 potatoe and 1 onion variety: Friesland potatoe and Red Onion
- 1 leafy vegetable or herb variety: Rosemary
- 1 beet and tuber vegetable variety: Red Beetroot and Celeriac
- 1 cabbage or carrott variety: Prehistoric purple Carrot
- 1 stem vegetable or mushroom variety: Chestnut Mushroom
- 1 fruit vegetable varieties: Aubergine