#20 Creamy Potato Leek Soup Ⓥ
About the dish:
Creamy and healthy Vegan Potato Leek Soup. Made with just 10 ingredients, this soup is packed with flavor, super creamy without using any butter or milk.
Done in 40 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 leeks, cleaned & thinly sliced
- 3 cups cubed white potato, about 2-3 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt & pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth (low sodium if desired)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Fresh rosemary to garnish
1. Heat the oil in large saucepan or dutch oven. Add garlic and leeks and saute until the leeks start to soften, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Saute another 2 minutes.
3. Add broth and bay leaves and stir to combine. Bring the soup to a boil, then turn down to simmer and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in cashews and cook another minute.
4. Transfer the contents of the soup into a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pour into bowls and garnish with chopped rosemary.