#11 Kimchi Taco Ⓥ
About the dish:
A delicious Taco Recipe. Focused on a delicious variety of vegetables and Kimchi as Filling.
Done in 45 minutes.
- 5 tablespoons of chopped Kimchi (tip: try to use the root part for better texture)
- 12 Taco shells (Hard shells or soft shells, go with your preference)
- 1 can of black beans (or 1 cup cooked)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of lentils (or 1 cup cooked)
- ½ cucumber diced to bean size pieces (tip: leave stripes of skin on to prevent dehydration)
- ¼ Iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced (same as cucumber)
- 12 cherry tomatoes diced
- 2 paprikas diced (same as cucumber)
- ½ eggplant sliced lengthwise
- Fresh coriander (cilantro) to taste
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of any vegetable oil
- Half cut lime
- 1 avocado sliced
- Optional:Cheese of your choice
1. If you’re using canned beans, lentils and corn, rinse them out in running water through a strainer and let it drain out water.
2. Put beans, corn and lentils in a large bowl and add all the spices (coriander powder, cayenne, black pepper, paprika and cumin). * Tip: start with smaller quantities and adjust along the way.
3. Squeeze some lime juice from a half cut lime into a bowl (and save the lime for later to sprinkle onto the tacos). Give it a good stir.
4. Add diced vegetables: tomatoes, onions, paprika, cucumber) to the mix.
1. Heat up 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan on a medium high heat and once hot, pan fry Kimchi with 1 tbsp of corn and 1 tsp of minced garlic for 3-5 minutes.
2. Turn off the stove and add 1 tbsp sesame oil.
3. Give it a good stir and set aside into a separate bowl.
1. Bring the same pan to medium high heat and toss in the eggplant. Turn down the heat once soft and add ½ tbsp sesame oil.
2. Set aside into a separate bowl.
3. Cut the lettuce, wash and let it dry.
4. Prepare the avocado. Serve in separate bowls.